Barbara Marshak is the author of over 150 published pieces and four books. A writer of both fiction and nonfiction, many of her essays and short stories have earned regional and national awards. She often speaks at writers conferences and has made numerous appearances at book events.
Barbara recently returned to Minnesota, where her family's roots go deep. She and her husband John are the parents of six grown children, and are known as Nana and Papa to thirteen grandchildren. Together they enjoy Twins baseball, grilling outdoors with friends and family, evenings on the front porch, and always, a glass of wine.
· Voices – 4th Place: Women Writing the West, 2017
· Voices in the Wind – Honorable Mention: Wyoming Writers, 2017
· Painted Skies – Honorable Mention: Wyoming Writers (Short fiction), 2016
· Cries on the Prairie – Winner: Wyoming Writers, 2014
· Prairie Promises – Winner: Jackpine Writers, 2010
· Lost Letters – Finalist: Mesa Moonlight Associates, 2010
· Under the Shadow of the Tower – Winner: Brainerd Writers, 2009
· Seeds of Salton (Ch 1) – Winner: Residency at Devils Tower National Monument, Bearlodge Writers, 2008
· One More Chance – Winner: Brainerd Writers, 2007
· Hidden Heritage –Finalist: National Indie Excellence Book Awards (2007) and USA Best Books Awards (2006 )
Get 10% off your first purchase when you sign up for our newsletter!